Help your organization become a Dementia-Friendly Leader in Northern Colorado.
Be among the first to help raise the standard of dementia care in Northern Colorado.
Why should you do it?
- People living with dementia in Northern Colorado deserve the highest quality of care
- It’s free ($1,500 training value)
- You get marketing benefits
- You get better equipped and engaged staff confident in their abilities to make a positive difference in the lives of those they serve
o Recognition as a Dementia-Friendly Leader in Dementia Care throughout Northern Colorado
o Recognition as a Purple Angel Ambassador organization (with a purple angel logo for the entrance to your facility and the rights to use the logo in your promotional materials.) along with a link from our website to yours from our list of Dementia-Friendly Leader organizations.
- Promotes higher-level of staff engagement and satisfaction which leads to lower staff turnover and improved client care
What are we doing?
Offering free training sessions three times a year, 2-2.5 hours each, to meet the eight-hour annual requirement. Each training date will have two sessions with identical content to accommodate your staff schedules.
- March, 2018 Date TBA - 2 sessions
- June, 2018 Date TBA - 2 sessions
- December 8th - 2 sessions
What we will do:
Cover the main topics needed to provide person-centered/relationship based dementia care
o Understanding Dementia--including the various causes: Alzheimer's Disease, Vascular Dementia, Dementia with Lewy Bodies and others
o Effective Communication to promote well-being
o Meaningful Life/purposeful interactions
Share with the community, particularly those in support groups and memory cafes, the organizations which have completed or are currently invested in ensuring that their staff participate in at least 8 hours of training per year required to become Dementia-Friendly Leaders in Northern Colorado. Word of mouth is powerful!
Include a link from our website to yours in our list of organizations committed to excellence in dementia care as evidenced by the organization's investment in personnel who understand the expertise required by each and every staff member to ensure client/resident well-being.
Work with you and your staff during the year as needed for special cases which arise for which additional consultation could be helpful.
What you will do:
- Arrange for all your staff who work directly with your clients/residents living with dementia to attend the classes (offered in a.m., and repeated in p.m. to accommodate shifts)
- Keep track of your staff member attendance
- Complete application once training is complete and renew annually to receive benefits of the designation
Annual fee required: waived in 2018
Where: Location TBA
Contact Cyndy 970-213-4548 or Katie 970-472-9798 with questions.
We hope you will join Dementia-Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado in collaboration with the Alzheimer's Association, Larimer County Office on Aging, and others in our effort to make outstanding dementia care in Northern Colorado a priority.